Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cruisin' on a "Monday" afternoon

Here's my quickie post to let you all know that I'm going to be missing for about a week. Hubby and I are leaving on Monday for a "mini" cruise to celebrate our 4th anniversary. It's nothing exotic at all, especially if you're living in Southern California, but for the curious we're sailing out of Los Angeles Harbor and will be stopping in San Diego, Catalina Island and Ensenada, MX.

In Stash Enhancement news (because I seem to have that quite frequently lately) I received a 33 skeins of Valley Yarns Colrain from Webs to knit two sweaters.

I'll be knitting DH the EZ Seamless Hybrid in Majestic Blue with Steel Gray trim on the inside cuffs.



For myself I'll be knitting the Radiance Cabled Jacket (Ravelry pattern link) in Chestnut. I really want to start on mine first, but since I'm almost finished with the Tangled Yoke Sweater, I should probably treat him to something next. Then again ... maybe I could knit them at the same time?

Hubby and I went over to our local bookstore Thursday night to pick up a book a friend recommended (Fibromyalgia for Dummies) , but while I was there, I ran across a 50% off table of craft books. I got lucky enough to pick up the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume 1 and Volume 2 and have found some design inspiration for a scarf.

I've test swatched it in a few worsted weight yarns, and so far it works well for solid and multi-colored yarns. Since I'll be knitting it on my mini-vacation, hopefully I'll have some cruisin' photos, knitting photos, and a scarf pattern for you all when I return.

And one last thing before I forget, you MUST go look at Laura's stunning South Seas Stole she designed. I can't wrap my head around all the work that must have gone into the design of this, but it is definitely something I'm thrilled to be test-knitting, so watch out for more lace work here soon.

Have a great week!

21 comments:

Hasbu said...

33 skeins? That is some serious stash enhancement!

Laura's stole is amazing.

Carole Knits said...

Sounds terrific and who needs exotic? Have a blast!

Sarah said...

Have a great time on your vacation! We're leaving Friday -- I really need to start packing!

KeanaLee said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh have fun~!

Anonymous said...

That cruise sounds nice to me (as fall is settling in here!)
I love your upcoming knits - The Radiance Cabled Jacket is spectacular!

Angelika said...

What a treat. A sailing trip and yarn. That's my kind of anniversary. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

jillian said...

Oooooh - have a terrific time!

And whoa - 33 balls?

flutter said...

33...wowza. The Catalina cruise is so much fun. I just got 16 balls of colinette on sale for 17 bucks for the whole lot. I feel light and floaty :)

Brena said...

Happy Anniversary, have a great cruise!

I've only knit with Valley Yarns once, with Goshen and I loved it.

Lain said...

Enjoy, you two!
xoxox
Lain

Micki said...

Happy anniversary, and have a lovely time on your cruise!

(Hmm, my anniversary is next week. Must put some thought into that.)

Karen said...

Oooohhhh, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your cruise!! Pea and I are counting down to ours too. :) You've always got the best loot on your blog too - how nice of you to leave us some wonderful stuff to look at while you're gone.

kasiaiscarly said...

i'm jealous of your deal on the books!

have a great cruise!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and happy anniversary!

Laura said...

You lucky dog. The wool, the cruise, the 1/2 price knitting books! Thanks for the call-out on the shawl, gf. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is some amazingly beautiful yarn that you got there! 33 skeins? Wow!!!
Have fun on your cruise - enjoy!!!

Lara said...

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Both sweater patterns are gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that Colrain! Have a fantastic cruise...

abby said...

Yay, new yarn! Fall is here, so it's totally reasonable to order sweater yarn. Hope that you've had a great trip!

kathy b said...

Hope it is a wonderful time for the happy couple. Is knitting allowed?