Friday, October 12, 2007

Move along, no knitting here

I'm back from my vacation (and have been for awhile), but I'm so far behind on things that you'll have to bear with me while I attempt to get caught up in blog world.

It was wonderful to get away with DH for our anniversary and he spoiled me with a new travel bag the day we departed, a new set of jewelry that I'd been eyeing in the Brighton catalog, and a beautiful white & blue diamond necklace I spied while on our cruise. Believe me, the photo does not do this necklace justice. (I'm having a bad photo mojo day). I'd never seen or heard of blue diamonds before, but when I saw them I was completely captivated. It's odd too because blue isn't even one of my favorite colors, but then again, maybe the sparkle hit my eye, blinded me and knocked the sense out of me. It also is more likely that it was all the wine I was drinking.

We didn't get any photos at our first stop in San Diego, but that's probably because the only thing that we did of any interest was shop for a new dress for me. Even though we cruise every year, and even though I have semi-formal attire hanging in my closet, none of it fits. Ever since my health problems started this spring, I stopped exercising due to the pain, but kept on eating the same amount of food. Unfortunately, this left me with quite a few extra pounds and a very tight-fitting wardrobe. Luckily we were able to find a dress that fits AND it can be easily altered once I start to lose the weight.

Catalina Island was absolutely beautiful and the perfect weather day, but it was also one of my "bad" days, so we didn't get to do much. The scenery was beautiful however, and we did get to walk the main strip that makes up the downtown area, but with many many rests in between. Even thought I wasn't able to do much, it just wonderful to spend the day with DH taking in the beauty and unique quaint town of Catalina.

The last stop on our itinerary was Ensenada, Mexico. I've been to Ensenada once before and didn't care for it in the least, but since DH had never been there, I decided to grin and bear it through another trip to La Bufadora (the blowhole) and the open air shopping market. Here's what I thought of the experience:

Even though it was just a 5 day cruise, it seems that it was the perfect length for me until my health improves a bit more. I didn't manage to knit very much since I chose napping over knitting, so I've been a knitting fiend the last few days. I'll save my knitting updates for next time, but needless to say... I have too many projects on the needles and sharing all my WIP's will definitely take an entire post.

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

flutter said...

looks like a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewelry! You two looks sweet together. Glad you have a great time!

Brena said...

I love the picture of you and your hubby, you look so beautiful!

I think 5 day cruises are a perfect length as well. Can't wait to see what you're knitting up!

Angelika said...

You sure got spoiled. You must have had a wonderful time. You make such a nice couple.

Carole Knits said...

That photo of the two of you is wonderful. You look so happy together.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Isn't Catalina magical place? Glad you had a wonderful time...

Micki said...

I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time! Your new necklace is stunning; it nearly knocked me over too.

jillian said...

What a wonderful time. He's such a spoiler - what a great hubby. You look fabulous in your va-voom dress! And it's an incredible picture of you two.

Glad you were able to get out and about some. Travel is always a worrisome thing, because you never really know how you are going to feel.

Lara said...

I am glad you had a great time. That necklace is gorgeous! And you look fabulous! What a great picture of you and your hubby.

I think a 5 day cruise sounds perfect. My 7 day cruise in January was about 2 days too long!

Anonymous said...

You and Hubby look so happy; what a great picture! Sounds like it was a wonderful vacation. I'm glad you had a good time.

The jewelry is lovely; especially that blue and white diamond necklace!

abby said...

The pictures look great! Napping on the deck of a cruise ship sounds like a perfect way to spend your vacation. The necklace is really lovely, too. Your hubby has excellent taste!

Laura said...

Ensenada looks nicer than it did in 1974 when my parents and I drove down there from San Diego. LOL And at least you got to see the blowhole. Those are totally cool. Glad you otherwise enjoyed your vacation. :-)

Karen said...

Welcome back!! I'm sorry you were feeling crappy and it put a damper on your cruise. It sounds like you were able to make the best of things though. Your new necklace is breathtaking!!

Teyani said...

you look absolutely beautfiul
may your health continue to improve every single day

Sarah said...

Glad you had a good time, in spite of the health issues.

Your husband certainly does know how to spoil you!

Hasbu said...

Looks like you had a great time!

kathy b said...

I think you look BEAUTIFUL. Great dress. I had no idea you were a gorgeous knitter. Great photo of you two!

I choose napping over knitting every afternoon when I am not working!

Anonymous said...

You look great! You make such a handsome couple. And I love the new necklace. Bling, in the nicest possible way.

A cruise where I can spend time "knitting" (er... napping?) in a deck chair sounds just perfect to me!